The People’s Progressive Party (PPP) and the ANC party of Senegal have signed a memorandum of cooperation.
The details of the memorandum of cooperation are contained in the press release swnt to this medium as reproduced varbetim.
MEMORANDUM OF COOPERATION BETWEEN THE APPEL NATIONAL POUR LA CITOYENNETE (ANC) OF SENEGAL AND THE PEOPLE’S PROGRESSIVE PARTY (PPP) OF THE GAMBIA.
1. Considering the factors marked by globalization, and highways of information telecommunication of bringing people together.
2. The Appel National pour la Citoyennete (ANC) and People’s Progressive Party (PPP) have agreed beyond ideologies and doctrines in twinning to form a strong partnership based on complete independence, non-interference, and mutual respect in each other’s domestic affairs.
3. Cognizant of the existing bilateral relations between Senegal and the sister Republic of The Gambia.
4. DESIRING to promote and further develop cooperation between the two countries by strengthening the protocols and the spirits of the Senegalo Gambia Secretariat.
Therefore, in consideration of the mutual interest above, the parties have agreed to the following:
Work in the direction of accompaniment and support for “Democracy, Respect for Human rights and the Rule of Law” for the two parties in contributions to their nations. While been conscientious not to necessitate in each other’s country’s political affairs.
1. Educate each other on the various political strategies to enhance each other’s political capacity
2. Training the younger generation in becoming better leaders
3. Assemble seminars to sensitize the women and youths to participate in party politics.
4. To encourage and prioritize the participation of the disabled at all functions in our society.
Sport: Create a synergy of actions like football, basketball, wrestling, and all kinds of Sport known to these two countries to promote young talents and establish adequate infrastructure.
Culture: Nurture cultural exchange with the establishment of companies to enhance the drama and music industry of the two countries.
Religion: stimulate the importance of the inclusiveness of all religions in the political process.
Economic: train women and youths in entrepreneurship, and trade exchange between the two countries. Introducing new products and exploiting markets of both countries
1. Both parties will begin to cooperate under the framework of this MoC as of the date of signature by each party;
2. This MoC may be amended at any time with the written consent of both parties;
3. This MoC may be terminated by either party by providing three (3) months’ written notice to the other party.
In witness whereof, the parties have signed this MoC in two (2) original copies in English and French of which each party has received one copy.