The Sisters Show launches mentorship initiative
Friday, 18 September | Sainey Darboe
Recognizing the gap in mentorship opportunities for immigrant communities and people of African descent,The Sisters Show has stepped in to contribute its modest mound in restoring parity.
The Mentor on the Spot segment of the show, according host Olay Ceesay, will enable participants to gain insight and industry knowledge from the Ceesay sisters regarding their careers.
“The aim is to help them become better prepared and to be knowledgeable about experience based issues from personalized perspectives”, added Olay of the show whose hosts have a proven track record of leadership across various industries.
The career fields that meet eligibility criteria for the Mentor on the Spot program are:
1. Beauty Industry
2. Technology/Operations (Computer Engineering Fields, Project/Program Managers, Business Analysts etc.)
3. Entrepreneurship (starting a business, building your branding, marketing, social media strategy etc.)
4. Clinical Healthcare (opening your own practice)
5. Medical practice (medical school process)
To stand the chance to be on The Sister Show (Mentor on the Spot segment) here is all you have to do:
1. Record a 2 minute video introducing yourself and telling us why you want to be mentored on the Mentor on the Spot Program.
3. Invite your friends to follow us and then like, share and comment on your post. The posts with the most engagements are selected as our finalists.
4. Remember that you have to be in one of the above listed career fields or considering to join one.
The Sisters, Olay concludes, would like the opportunity to mentor 5 lucky women, making their mark with their combined wealth of experience and knowledge in the growth of the five mentees.